- Odile Harter is the library liaison to the English Department. She is your point of contact for all library questions, no matter how big or small.
- Library Guide for English Concentrators - English Junior Tutorial and Senior Thesis Library Guide
- Child Memorial Library is the English Department's research library and warmly encourages concentrators to make use of this rich and unique resource.
- A Brief Guide to Writing the English Paper - From the Writing Center’s “Brief Guide” series
- Harvard Libraries Databases - Connect to Harvard’s growing collection of e-resources and e-journals
- The Writing Center - How to connect with a writing tutor
- The Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (URAF) - The primary source of information about undergraduate research at Harvard and beyond
Research Assistant Positions
If you are interested in serving as a research assistant for a member of the English Department faculty, we encourage you to speak directly with your professors about their research needs. Any other opportunities that may exist will be shared via email with English concentrators.
Concentration Planning Resources for Prospective Concentrators
- Declare English - Track-specific planning documents and the English Department plan of study form
- The History of English in Quotes
Junior Tutorial Resources
Senior Thesis Resources
- Why Write a Critical Thesis? (Juniors)
- Senior Thesis Guide
- Senior Thesis Sample Title Page
- Tips on Writing a Thesis Prospectus
- Child Memorial Library hosts senior thesis writing hours every Friday from 9 am until 1 pm.
- The Office of Undergraduate Research and Fellowships (URAF) - The primary source of information about prestigious scholarships at Harvard and beyond
- English Department Annual Prizes and Fellowships
- Creative Writing Thesis Application | due February 16, 2021
- Critical Thesis Proposal | due March 25, 2021
- Junior Tutorial Application | due March 2021
- Junior Tutorial Preference Form | due July 2020 (please email Lauren Bimmler if you'd like to enroll in a 20-21 tutorial)