Harvard’s Department of English has a strong record of job placement. Two faculty Placement Officers work closely with students to help them prepare for each stage of the academic hiring process. In recent years, Harvard PhD’s have accepted tenure track positions, visiting positions, and postdoctoral fellowships at major colleges and universities in the United States and Britain, including Boston College, Georgetown, University of Chicago, University of Minnesota, Colgate, the Princeton Society of Fellows, and Magdalene College, Cambridge.
Harvard English PhD Employment Survey Results, 2000-2008.
View a full list of PhD job placements, from 2000-present.
Resources for Job Seekers
- Office of Career Services at Harvard University
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Modern Language Association (MLA)
- Academic Careers Online
- ACCUTE Graduate Caucus (Canada)
- ADE and ADFL Online Job Counseling (MLA)
- AcademicKeys for the Humanities